Sunday, May 18, 2008

Employed

I have a job, as of yesterday! It's a dream job: a little silver shop down in Capitola Village (read: tourist central). I can ride my bike to work (downhill, mostly), and it's easy, the coworkers are great, and the customers are nice, for the most part. I get a 70% discount on everything in the store, which is going to be a challenge, but I just have to chant to myself: "saving for France! saving for France! saving for France!" and I hope that can work.

Why is it that when I'm unemployed I'm stressed about not having a job, but that once I get one...I'm working! This is going to be nothing but chill, though: the nicest bosses in the world, the easiest gig, in the sunniest place. The biggest challenge is going to be keeping hydrated on the bike commute!

Last night we had a party for the biology department faculty of the college my aunt works for. These people were great...apart from the fact that they feel some affinity for science...ew! They do have a penchant for travel, and I heard some great stories about Cameroon, Johannesburg and Harare. One guy was even from France, and I was stoked to tell him I'm going there in a few short months! Some lab tech even gave me his number. He was the only other unmarried person at the party over the age of 15, so it's not like it was some great feat on my part or anything. For many reasons, I threw it away today. Nice gesture though, I guess?

Apparently I'm the unhappy owner of 3 credit cards right now. That sucks.

My brother is going to Iraq in less than a month now, I guess. I'm going to see him in a week and a half. It's weird, but ever since he joined the army a year ago now, "family member of military" has become a huge part of my identity. How could it not?

To relax is a challenge. There is so much I want to read and do and be!

No comments: