Saturday, May 03, 2008

The first week

In a new place. Santa Cruz, (and Soquel, and Capitola, and Watsonville, I suppose, to be more exact) is amazing. This first week has been a whirlwind, involving a bladder infection, a drive down with the mom and a great cousin, a birthday party for my aunt, grading anatomy papers, good god!, turning in a job application, watching my aunt take the brain out of a cadaver, hanging out with Reid and Madeleine, reading a weird book about the end of the world, watching the first half of the 6 hour Pride & Prej (the good one, with Colin Firth), finally going to the beach, joining the gym, and beginning the arduous task of learning how to drive stick shift. Oh yes, and finding out that I'm going to the Aix-Marseille region in France next year, which was both amazing and my first choice. WOW! I've been busy, and waking up early, but loving life, and I only plan on it getting better! My aunt and I will sign up for a triathlon and start training for it. I will find a job...somewhere! I will continue reading and edifying myself, and perhaps even learn to prepare a few meals for myself here and there.

Becoming a better person. Everyday.

1 comment:

direfish said...

Wait, france? huh? Why?
-Nate c.