Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sucking the Marrow out of Portland

I'm partying like a crazy person from now until 10 days from now. I've had a few parties at the floating home, I'm eating at food carts or Saturday Market or bars galore, picnics at Laurelhurst Park or birthday parties at Mara's...this is the good life. My last days in Portland are filled with: good weather, yummy beverages and food, great friends, fun strangers/new friends, world cup games, etc. Needless to say, adventures abound.

The weirdness of leaving for 2 years is beginning to set in. I've given myself free license to eat all the veggies, fruits, meat, junk food, and other delicious sundries I can get my hands on (guessing it's a pretty safe bet that I won't be able to find sushi in Niger). I'm starting to feel queasy at the thought of not seeing these people for a spell. I get all moody, but then I just grab a friend (and a drink) and keep on keepin' on! I'm filling my schedule for my last 8 days with: Doug's play, coworker happy hour, drinks and dinner with Bart, STEVE!!!, errands and shopping with my mom, filling my iPod with music from friends, world cup games, beer, wine, friends and coworkers, and sleep (but only if I can squeeze it in). :) And then there's Philadelphia with Tab and Michael Faris and Jenny Balisteri!

Images of the past few weeks that will stay with me for awhile (whether I'd like them to or not): running into a bachelorette party with Miles at Dixie Tavern (safe to say, the first and last time I'll ever frequent that joint). Strawberry daiquiris and yummy 'cuisine a la Dau' at the floating home. Drinking wine with Rachel watching my new favorite show, Noah's Arc.

I'm so excited, but worried, a little. Worried that Niger isn't ready for all this jelly! Hey-eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Nicholas Graham said...

They should be worried about that jelly!