Monday, June 21, 2010

Newsflash:

Camping with my brother and his friends in Cascadia: incredible.

The whole world (or even country) isn't a liberal-land-hipster-haven like Portland, Oregon. Duh, but, still, sometimes it's shocking to be reminded of this fact. For example: some people wouldn't hang out with openly gay members of the military (provided the Don't Ask Don't Tell repeal goes all the way through) outside of work because of what other people would say about them ("if he's hanging out with a f*****t, he MUST be gay!"). I started crying, but I'm sure the 1/2 a gallon of Carlo Rossi I'd drunk that night helped with that. But, are you kidding me?!?!?!?! If thinking that everyone deserves a fair break and friends no matter what their sexual orientation is makes me a bleeding heart liberal then I am a BLEEDING HEART MOTHERFUCKIN' LIBERAL!!! America is awesome, but also fucked up and slow-moving and backwards. Fuck it. I'm out. (2 weeks from today, like WHAT?!?!?!)

Party down.

No comments: