Monday, April 12, 2010

One Tetanus Shot Away...

...from a Peace Corps invitation! I got word last weekend that they're reviewing my medical file and that's all I'm missing. I'm going to hear within a week or two, I feel it! I just have to head to Safeway tomorrow for the booster ("Yes I'll have a pint of ice cream, a bottle of wine, and one Tetanus booster please!"). I can't wait! (for the invitation, not the needle...I'm not masochistic!)

Otherwise, I'm reading sexy books (Game Change), hanging with family (Uncle Lee: "I don't care what a person's sexuality is as long as they don't scare the horses." Aunt Jeannie: "My mom was the best read person who ever existed!" Alisha: "I'm moving to SE. I'm awesome!"), drinking delicious wine (we cracked the 2002 Vieux Magon from Tunisia that I lugged across the Med to France and my mom brought from France to here...it was YUMMY!), and planning for a kickass last hurrah across the West (Moscow, ID; PDX, OR; Santa Cruz, CA; SoCal? Reno? Seattle?) to span weeks if not months. People are like: "You just got back!" I'm like: "Peace out, Sarah Palin!"

I went to Joel's first birthday party. I hope he has 99 more. Hannah and I bought him books...can't start 'em too young! Gotta inspire today's youth to intellectual greatness! One of the books was fuzzy-hooray tactile! He was about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Definitely got my kid fix for the...year. :)

Did I also mention that last weekend involved brunch 3 days in a row?? Mimosas, bloody Marys, eggs, sausage, smoked trout, good company...could a weekend get any better? (Bijou Cafe, Broder, and Jake's Grill were the venues lucky enough to be graced by my presence)

That's all for now...hopefully I'll have big big news coming soon soon soon!

No comments: