Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Going Crazy!

With Luke off adventuring in the DR already, I'm officially as antsy and anxious as can be (well, maybe not...I could probably get a little worse)! I'm checking the Future Peace Corps Volunteers facebook page and the Peace Corps wiki DAILY for any news on that front. April is 2 days away and I'm expecting/hoping/crossing fingers that sometime in that month is when I'll get my invitation. It's comforting to see that many other FPCV (future Peace Corps vols) are in the same boat as me and freaking out accordingly.

What should I do to fill up my time and my mind between now and whenever I'll receive the invitation? I've started a list...
  • Party like a dictator with coworkers & friends
  • Plan more parties
  • Read like a fiend
  • Drink wine and discuss said read books in a book club of sorts
  • Visit Corvallis
  • Lunch and coffee with friends
  • Spend weekends at Aunt Beth's w/Marc & Alisha (occasional appearances by Uncle Val). That family are some of my fave peeps at the momo
  • Drink Bloody Marys at Momo's on lunch breaks
  • Plan awesome family trips for the months of May/June (Moscow, Santa Cruz, Miles coming back to Oregon, EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • Start packing? Ha! How about...start thinking about packing...yeah...
  • Start consciously and fully appreciating things like indoor plumbing, central heating, refrigerators (?), friends on the same continent, paved roads, crap TV, the internets, &c. &c. &c.
  • Clean up my 'to-do in Portland' list so far. Still have to get to Holocene and maybe that 21+ mini-golfing John mentioned... :)
  • Dinner and drinks with Hannah and her mum, me and mine
  • Maybe go camping sometime? When the weather gets nicer; I haven't been in awhile
  • ...
  • ...
  • ???

No comments: