Friday, January 22, 2010

I'm Falling in Love...

...with Portland! (I hope you didn't assume that I was capable of really truly falling in love à la les contes de fées and whatnot...) The more I discover and get to know this place Portland, the more I love it. Bars, the political scene, long-time residents, transplants, 'old-lady plays', Jewish mothers, etc. Funny, because as much as I love to leave it, I find myself liking living here more and more...

Thanks to coworkers and good friends I'm indulging in the bar scene (this evening: Produce Row Cafe, 2nd and Oak on the 'East Bank,' gasp!). In general, I'm embracing the 'quasi-hippie half-assed trendy liberal' scene that is Portland (and me by extension?) Am I where I'm from or is where I from me? Whoa. Trippy to think about. I guess I'm getting in touch with my liberal roots (I LOVE when my mom complains that MSNBC is 'not liberal enough')! All this coming from a post-'uber'-Christian. Yikes. And headed into the Peace Corps. But of course! TOMORROW! I'm mailing in all my medical forms to the Peace Corps. Major hurdle. Overcome, with the help of my 'ceases-to-be-amazing' mom. As always.

I am Oregonian, through and through, no matter where I go.

I leave you with this:

YES ON 66 and 67!!! Oregon is NOT Massachusetts!

No comments: