Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Survivor.

I love it. I love everything about it. Getting out into 'the nature.' Having an adventure (adventure, I've figured out, is what I'm all about). Matching yourself up against complete strangers and seeing where the chips fall. Seeing if you've got what it takes to outwit the other players, outlast the elements, and be strong enough in yourself and who you are to not give up even when you're starving, even if it's monsoon-ing, even if you miss your friends, pillows, and other comforts from home SO MUCH! Also, it's always so interesting and controversial and usually full of hotties! Hopefully it will be still be going strong the day I've got an awesome-enough resume behind me to make it on the cast. Sigh. I mean, 'Hells yes! It's going to happen!'

It's interesting to see how alike and unlike Survivor is to 'real life' (whatever that is...the more I live it, the more I wonder what people exactly mean by that...it seems pretty boring sometimes)...for instance, did I 'like' Russell? Hell no! At first. But then I just HAD to respect his mad skillz (with a z), and was really rooting for him in the end. Should people like that really 'win' in real life? Hmm. I'm starting to think I have questionable morals...

I absolutely hate drama in my life...I try to avoid it, and I get all weird and pissy and bottled up when it comes my way. I'm a pretty relaxed and chill person, but I think drama is absolutely delicious on Survivor! I love watching complete strangers claw it out in some exotic locale, and I still think I could step up to that challenge and rock it. But it's not a true microcosm of society. It's all about the ratings, baby! Survivor is not real life. (Reality TV was never real) And real life is all about the Benjamins, I mean, sleeping at night. Right? I can't say. I'm young yet, I've got time to figure it out. That's another thing: there are many realities, many philosophies that people bring to the table, and to see them all clash and intermingle and coexist and eat or be eaten is awesome to watch, but how much does it really teach us about this 'real life' thing? I can't say. It'll be interesting to watch next season (the 20th...God I'm old), and see if a Villian or a Hero wins the whole thing. Based on how the last season went, I have no idea where to put my money.

In other news...well, I'm writing about Survivor here because 'real life' is too boring and complicated and aggravating and stressful and monotonous and blah to remark upon. So there. Orlando, here I come!

No comments: