Thursday, January 10, 2013

Is this real life??

Shit's getting real here people. I'm taking 9 credits at PCC, which I absolutely love. Well, I like my in-person Econ 201 class b/c I love walking around campus feeling like a college student again! I catch myself grinning like an idiot in class all the time. But just missing a bus and waiting 20 minutes for the next one in the cold...hey, at least there are STREET LIGHTS here in Portland! Man, you don't realize how awesome/necessary those are 'til you live 2 years without 'em!

But Stats online is gonna be a bitch.

I also got a full-time job, which starts next week. So after next Tuesday, I will have no life until April 16th (receptionist at a tax office, you see). Which is fine by me, really. I got bills to pay! Money is meant to be spent, and I have been spending it. And on it goes. At least I'll die having lived.

I have not fully transmogrified into my true Portland self. Yet. Quasi-lesbian haircut, check. Public-transporting myself around town, check. Library card, check. Now I just need some hipster glasses and a bike, to find a yoga studio I like and I'll be set.

In the next couple of days apps to grad schools will be 100% submitted. The week after next I'm going to Washington D.C. to attend the inauguration and staff ball, tour the White House and potential grad schools, and best of all, reunite with my girl Sorry Zead!! SOOOOO excited!!! I can't believe it's been a year since I last saw her! Rude. We're gonna make memories that'll last a lifetime! ...not that we didn't in Malawi...

I'm pleased. 2013 seems to be starting out pretty darn well. Let's keep this up.

No comments: