Monday, October 19, 2009

Portland!

Ok, I just had a great weekend of typical Portland experiences: Powell's City of Books, where my mom and I sold some books back ($42 credit, woohoo!), and I applied for a seasonal job. We used the $ to buy 2 new releases/best sellers (I picked out Jon Krakauer's new book about Pat Tillman, and my mom bought Dan Brown's new rag). I also hung out in St. John's with Alison...a part of town I don't really know at all. Yesterday my friend Hannah and I went to a Portland Trailblazers (pre-season) game. There were some cute little kids about (I saw a 1' tall Greg Oden!) and, oh yeah, we won! Woohoo! The best part was we were smart enough to park on the street, where we serendipitously ran into Megan, (is Portland really that small?), and we weren't out $15, and we got out pretty quickly.

So, according to this, Portland is the 11th best city in the US to find the single guys (so jealous of Patrick in the ATL!). Awesome! Too bad I don't have a job or any money or success. How am I supposed to hook a catch? Maybe dressing up like a pirate for Halloween will be my ticket, though I fear they've been overdone. If the song by Norah Jones and freecreditreport.com commercials featuring pirates are any indication...

Portland's also one of the smartest cities around (9th most brilliant! Suck it Baltimore! Baltimore?). Hmm, is it wrong that I wish I were in a dumber city right now? Maybe I'd have a better time of finding a job! :)

No comments: