Sunday, October 25, 2009

McMenamin's, a NW institution

Continuing to check off typical Portland experiences on my list (inherited tickets for August: Osage County, a play at Keller Auditorium, for which Alisha and I got all dolled up...thanks Nancy!), McMenamin's must be mentioned! This last week I went to 3 different Mac locations, none of which I'd been to before, all of which were in downtown! I started with the Ram's Head on 23rd with cuzzie Alisha on Wednesday, checked out the Market St. Pub with Hannah and Megan on Thursday night after we went to a grad school fair at PSU (it's SO happening for me...someday...), where we shamelessly flirted with 'Snakes' the server, and rounded off the week at the Mission Theater last night with my mom, part of the OSU marching band, and other Beaver fans and alum watching the dismal game v. USC on the big screen, and using the pounding as an excuse to drink more! I even gave my number to a girl who was acting on behalf of her really shy friend, who looked old enough to be my dad, but whatevs. My mom thinks she heard me gave the wrong number...well, I was drunk. So much the better. Sorry universe, I didn't purposely deceive!

Each time I went with 'buena gente' as Hannah says, or good people. Because that's what McMenamin's are all about. With Hannah and Megan, we even got a list of all locations and started checking them off...between the 3 of us, we want to hit them all up! We'll have to go as far north as Seattle, as far east as Bend, and as far south as Roseburg to do it, but we got this!

In other news, the job search continues. I've filled out more applications, and lost more self respect, with the end result of being employed hopefully coming soon! Next app: McMenamin's! :)

No comments: