Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Camp!

I got some great news this week: 4 of my girls (of 7 who applied) are going to Camp GLOW (Girls Leading our World) this summer, a girls leadership and empowerment camp. And guess what? I am too, as a counselor! I'm super excited!

I'll also be helping out with Camp Sky, an education-oriented camp for the smarties (I've got my top 2 Form 3 students already picked out). I want to help with drama workshops (hey all you theater geeks, got any good games or activities you'd like to share?) and a writing workshop. Camp Sky still needs help funding, so if you've got a hankering to help out Malawi youth (and goodness knows they need it), follow this link.

https://www.peacecorps.gov/index.cfm?shell=donate.contribute.projDetail&projdesc=614-229

Remember, every little bit helps! I, fellow Peace Corps volunteers, and a bunch of awesome Malawian kids thank you in advance!

In other news I'm plugging along at site. Getting 'certificates of attendance' printed for our 'farewell party' (as opposed to diplomas for a graduation, which we can't afford). Account #1!!! Long story, short explanation: corruption. Oh Malawi! Oh post-colonial Africa!

No comments: