Saturday, September 05, 2009

Cambodia!

I was sad to say good-bye to Normandy and the family where I was au pairing, but excited to see friends, Paris, and London! Damir (in Paris) is a great cook with an awesome apartment-it's in the 2nd arrondisement (a pretty snazzy address) and it came stocked with books, lots of classic French literature. I was drooling. Then I saw my godmother, my godfather, my cousins, one of their boyfriends (from Brazil) in Hampshire...one day we decided to hop over to Stonehenge, you know, as you do. Incredible. London was everything it always has been: gray, expensive, intelligent, classy. Simon, Ruth, Stacy and I flitted through museums, and met up with Lauren at the Ritz Club. Honest! A 12 hour flight to Kuala Lumpur, a hop up to Phnom Penh, and here I am, in a completely different world! I'm eating and seeing and doing amazing things. Hopefully I will meet some cool people and get a read on the English teaching scene here. Gotta go, but a quick sampling of what I've done in just a day here: rode in some tuk tuks, ate some Mexican food, drank Thai and Cambodian beer, hung out with hookers at a bar, saw geckos, had a $7 hour-long Thai massage, slept! More later, but I'm off to the market and more adventures now!

No comments: