Thursday, June 25, 2009

Me vs. Ugly Animals

In the last 7 days I have (unwillingly) hosted a dung beetle (read: HUGE! As big as a doubly-large walnut!), a dragonfly, and most recently, a big, meaty, green grasshopper chez moi (at my house). They are too big for comfort, especially in my tiny INDOOR space that is meant for ME (and any humans I choose to invite). Bugs = outside, I = inside. End of story.

This has ended in 1) sustained detention (I held the dung beetle, read: rhinocerous horn, for 4-5 days straight, inside a glass glass, and it didn't die. Finally, Guyanian 'Alex-le-noir,' (he's black, you know), came to the rescue and set the little bugger free...much to the chagrin of Steve, who was planning on making a brooch out of him...), 2) Death by candlelight? (I don't know...I kept some candles lit to attract the dragonfly to his waxy, hot doom, which woke me up in the middle of the night, but Steve says he say him fly away today...alive...), and 3) fairly-harmless freedom (I used a folder to shove the grasshopper out of doors before slamming my window shut FOR GOOD!, for once and for all).

Hmm...I wonder who will visit me tomorrow? ...

No comments: