Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It rains in Provence!

Anybody who tells you differently is a liar! It's like springtime in Oregon here: sunny and hot one day, rainy and gray the next: I can't take it! I went running for the first time since I've been here yesterday, and it was great, along a beautiful country road that was just lovely. Then it rained a lot today and made me sad. Tomorrow I'm off to Marseille, to hopefully check out the Chateau d'If, the famed Alcatraz-esque prison from my favorite book of all time, The Count of Monte Cristo, which I am currently reading in French and is beyond fabulous! The day after tomorrow I'm taking a ferry to Tunisia, where I will: see my thesis professor Laura, hopefully ride a camel, and go to an all-night election party hosted by the US embassy! I'm so excited! Then on my birthday I will take a ferry back to Marseille...hopefully it will all work out! I'm broke, but I'm loving life and having some great adventures, so I can't really complain! As I said, though, life is not all sunshine: teaching is challenging, and not all the teachers are the most helpful of people. The other day one of the children even took the time to come over and tell me during recess that another kid was making fun of me. Precious! But overall, I'm learning how to cook and having crazy adventures at the one bar in my little town! Will keep you posted, if, as Stephanie says, anything happens in my life worth posting about! :) Love you all!

No comments: